How to make it:
- Knead the butter and sugar together.
- Knead in the flour sifted together with the baking powder, add nuts, egg and spices.
- Chill the dough for some time, then take it out of the refrigerator and divide it into quarters.
- Roll out three quarters of the dough to a thickness of about 1,5 cm (for a 22 cm baking pan), cover it with red current jam.
- Shape the remaining dough into strips and lay them on top of the jam as a grid and around the edge.
- Daub with egg, sprinkle sliced almonds around the edge.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at about 190 degrees Celsius.
Those looking to eat well have a wide range of choice, as the culinary selection in Linz contains everything from typical, Upper Austrian regional cuisine to a 2-star restaurant. Check out where you can find your dining experience in Linz or Linz' culinary hotsports