It was in the year 1774 that this wonderful, wood paneled inn was established at the turnoff to the Alpbach valley. Since 1850, the Sigwart family has carried out and carried onward the torch of a splendid culinary tradition.
The restaurant is well known for its dishes of wild game from surrounding forests, but also for its freshwater and saltwater fish creations. Whoever wants to try a hand at it, only needs to stick to the instructions of the cookbooks of the Sigwart ladies. And whoever seeks the perfect wine to accompany their meal, will find the very best bottles imaginable, with a certain understandable concentration on Austrian and South Tyrolean vintages.www.tiroler-weinstuben.at