For Sports Enthusiasts
Love a physical challenge? These activities are made for thrill-seekers and ski enthusiasts.
- Day 1: Hiking is not just for summer. Move beyond the flurry on the ski slopes and discover Kirchberg with a challenging snow shoe hike.
- Day 2: 270km of seemingly endless slopes are waiting to be discovered on a guided ski tour. As of December, the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn will be Austria's largest ski region.
- Day 3: Hit the slopes for another day of skiing, although the SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser-Brixental offers much more than just skiing. Join in a guided tour of the igloo village before ascending to the summit of the Hohe Salve with views of 70 three thousand metre peaks. The final challenge of the day is the downhill run to Ellmau.
Ready to try something new? Keen to join the ski fun? Explore an Austrian winter with these fun activities.
- Day 1: The fun begins in Kirchberg with a guided fatbike ride.
- Day 2: Has it been a while since you last snapped on the skis or are you a hesitant first-timer? A beginners and returners ski lesson in St. Johann in Tirol will get you ready for the slopes. Then glide across the snowy meadows of Westendorf on a segway ride.
- Day 3: Try your hands at biathlon in Hochfilzen - keep in mind, a steady hand is needed to hit the bullseye. Round off the experience with a brief tour of the biathlon stadium.
Any animal lovers out there? If you enjoy the quiet beauty of winter, then these activities beyond the ski slopes might just be your cup of tea.
- Day 1: Delve into the past on a guided tour through the Baroque town of St. Johann in Tirol and enjoy a horse-drawn sled ride.
- Day 2: Follow the call of the wild to the Husky ranch and dash through the snow on a dog sled ride. Later, take a tour of the Mariastein pilgrimage church.
- Day 3: Ever heard of llama trekking in Austria? Let these sure-footed animals take you round the Lauchesee in Fieberbrunn.
The day is not enough. That's why the fun continues by night with a final challenge for all. When the stars come out, the floodlit Gaisberg toboggan run in Kirchberg is just starting to heat up. An invigorating ride awaits as you whoosh down the mountain.