Guardian Competition Terms & Conditions
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over, except employees of The Guardian and The Austrian National Tourist Office, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the competition.
2. Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. Entries must be submitted by individuals on their own behalf only via www.austria.info/summer and entry is restricted to one per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of dispatch will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a SAE to The Austrian National Tourist Office, 9-11 Richmond Buildings, London W1D 3HF.
4. All entries must be received by midnight on 6th April 2014. The question needs to be answered correctly to qualify.
5. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the prize draw. All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner; however, if the promoter is unable to contact a winner within a reasonable period, an alternative winner will be chosen. If the winner of the draw is unable to take up the prize for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
6. The prize as described is available on the date of publication.
7. One entrant will win 7 nights in a double room with balcony at the 4* Das Alpenhaus Kaprun for 2 people with breakfast, afternoon snack and evening meal, 3 guided summer alpine walks, and full use of the hotel spa and gym. The prize also includes economy flights from London to Innsbruck, Salzburg or Munich. Please note that car rentals and transfers are excluded. The prize must be booked by 30th June 2014, with recommended travel dates from 15th May 2014. All travel must be completed by 15th October 2014. Restrictions to choices of flight bookings during peak times may apply. Flights must be booked via The Austrian National Tourist Office.
8. The prize does not include travel insurance, personal expenditure or incidental costs, other than where mentioned. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure they have a valid passport and travel insurance and obtain any necessary vaccinations and visas for their trip.
9. The prize is available until the stated date only and is subject to availability. It is non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
10. The winner may be required to participate in publicity and in line may be requested to give feedback on their travel experience.
11. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
12. Guardian are responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the prize draw. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of the Austrian National Tourist Office.Promoter: Austrian National Tourist Office, 9 -11 Richmond Buildings, London W1D 3HF.