Autumn is a great time to visit St. Martin Chalets. As well as enjoying off-season prices, it's the best time of year to get close to nature. In late September and early October, Lungau’s giant red stags gather for the rut - treating visitors to loud roars and spectacular displays of fighting. Get up close and personal to these gorgeous animals, topped off by fantastic local food and home comforts.
- Arrive in Salzburg and collect hire car (not included).
- Make your way to St. Martin Chalets, through winding valleys and impressive mountain landscapes.
- You'll be greeted before being shown you your chalet plus the gym & sauna area.
- Relax into your holiday beside the fire with a glass of wine, or go for a wander in the hills behind the chalets.
- Fresh bread and goodies will be delivered to your chalet for breakfast.
- You’ll then join owner Jodi Venner or one of the guides on a morning hike with plenty of opportunities for some fantastic landscape and wildlife photography in the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. You’ll hear the deer before you spot them and when you do, it’s something you’ll never forget!
- A lunch stop at the Lenznhütte, a lovely traditional Austrian mountain hut.
- Hike back to the chalets through stunning scenery and yet more photo opportunities.
- Free to relax in your chalets or take to the gym if you’ve still got energy to burn.
- Fresh rolls will be delivered again for your chalet breakfast.
- Another guided morning hike and deer spotting trip in the beautiful UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
- Enjoy an Austrian packed lunch at a particularly picturesque spot.
- Afternoon return hike to the chalets.
- Chalet breakfast.
- If you have time, grab one of the (free to use) E-Bikes, or opt for a bit more hiking.
- Drive to airport.