Austrias wines are getting more popular throughout the world. This tour features a visit to the most fascinating wine region of Austria, the Wachau. One of the highlights is a visit to the new Wine Experience Center Loisium.
Your 4 night journey to the wine country begins with your private drive from Vienna to the heart of the wine country, Krems. While in Krems, you will enjoy a cruise on the Danube from Krems to the famous Melk Abbey, where you will tour this amazing architectural gem. You will also visit the newly constructed Loisium, Wine Experience Center, with it museum with informative exhibitions on the regions' wines.
• 4 nights first class hotel
• breakfast each morning
• entrance fees to the Loisium and Melk Abbey
• 1 dinner at the hotel
• appetizer buffet and wine tasting dinner at Nikolaihof
• tour of the Wachau by the Wachau Express
• Wine tasting at Sandgrube 13
• 7 course dinner with accompanying wines at the famous Morwald im Kloster Und restaurant
• hotel taxes and service charges
Duration: 4 nights
Cost: US $ 1,799 per person, land only (single supplement U$ 639)
Season: departs daily from April 1-October 31
Notes: Additional nights in Krems can be added. This tour can be combined with visits to Imperial Vienna, the Sound of Music city of Salzburg and/or the former cultural capitol of Europe, Graz.
This tour is offered by Continental Journeys
Click here for more information or to make a reservation