Aside from gorgeous slopes explore the area on snowshoes, tobogganing, ski touring, and cross country skiing. The Oetztal Valley is Tirol's longest valley. 6 ski resorts and more than 361 km of slopes promise challenges and great snow security.
Did you know that
- ... with a capacity of up to 4,500 passengers/hr., Sölden has the highest capacity gondolas in the world?
- ... the Ötztal has one of the longest guaranteed snow seasons in the Alps?
- ... Sölden has 3 mountains higher than 9,842 ft (3,000 m), that can be reached by gondola?
- ... Obergurgl-Hochgurgl is the first non-glacier ski area in Tirol to open its slopes?
- ... the Alpine Ski World Cup kicks off in Sölden?
- ... the iceQ restaurant on the Gaislachkogl was a filming location for the James Bond movie 'Spectre'?
- ... it now offers a cinematic installation called 007 ELEMENTS, a must-see for James Bond fans?