Terms and Conditions: Vorfreude
Article 1: Scope
The present competition terms and conditions apply to the "Vorfreude" competition arranged by the Austrian National Tourist Office (Verein Österreich Werbung) (hereinafter referred to as “ANTO”), Vordere Zollamtsstrasse 13, 1030 Vienna, Austria. The competition will run from the 15th December 2020 until the 31st January 2021. The conduct of this competition and participation in it shall be subject to the provisions set out below.
Article 2: Competition organiser and prize
The competition shall be organised by ANTO. Two holidays in Austria, provided by ANTO, can be won. Each prize includes 7 nights + half-board for 2 people in the 4-star hotel Hochfilzer in Ellmau, Austria; 2 six-day ski passes for the SkiWelt ski resort; and 2 flights from the UK to Austria. There will be 1 winner selected among all participants. Both the participant's nominee and the participant themself will win one holiday each.
Article 3: Participation
- Participation shall be open to individuals aged 18 and over.
- Participants have to live in the United Kingdom.
- Participants shall enter the competition by completing the form on the webpage https://www.austria.info/en/winter. They shall enter the name of a person whom they would like to gift a holiday in Austria and a reason why that person deserves the holiday. The winning participant's nominee shall win the holiday, and the participant shall win a holiday as well.
- An entrant’s participation in the competition shall be considered effective only if all of his/her personal details are entered truthfully and in full.
- Each participant can only enter the competition once.
- Entries will close at 23:59 pm (GMT) on the 31st January 2021.
- Participation in the competition is not tied to the purchase of any product or the use of any service. Neither the purchase of any product/service, nor agreement to the use of a participant’s details for marketing purposes will increase the likelihood of winning.
Article 4: Exclusion from the competition
- Owners, officials and employees of ANTO, or of any other third-party companies involved in organising this competition are not permitted to take part in the competition. This prohibition also applies to the respective relatives (including relations, spouses, partners, in-laws, cohabitees) of the aforementioned individuals and members of their household. Participation in the competition by proxy is excluded.
- ANTO reserves the right to exclude individuals from the competition in the event of any violation of the present terms and conditions of participation, or if any incorrect information is given in the entry form, whether intentionally or otherwise.
- Any individuals who use prohibited resources or who otherwise attempt to gain an advantage by means of manipulation shall also be excluded. In the event of any breach of the present terms and conditions of participation, any prizes awarded may be cancelled or reclaimed, including retrospectively.
Article 5: Conduct and competition procedure
- The conduct of the competition and the selection of the prizes shall be the responsibility of ANTO. After the 31st January 2021, ANTO shall draw one winner at random from all the participants who completed the online form. There shall be no right to legal redress.
- The conditions for delivering the prizes shall be determined by ANTO. The organiser reserves the right to replace the prize with another prize of equal value. Exchanging the prize for cash is expressly prohibited. The prize is non-transferable.
- Winners will be notified by ANTO via e-mail and their names may be published on www.austria.info. The winner hereby explicitly agrees to publication of this kind.
If the winner does not contact us within one week of receiving notification of having won a prize, their right to the prize shall expire. Participants are responsible for ensuring that the e-mail provided are accurate. Once he/she has made contact, the winner shall receive the prize.
- Each participant can only win one prize.
Article 6: Data protection, data processing and data forwarding
In order to run the competition, the Austrian National Tourist Office shall store and process participants’ personal data.
Where a participant has provided his/her consent separately, his/her data shall also be processed by the Austrian National Tourist Office for market research, advertising and information purposes. The participant may withdraw his/her consent to the storage and processing of this data at any time. Further details regarding data protection and information pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 GDPR can be found at Data Protection.
Article 7: Ending the competition early
- ANTO reserves the right to cancel or end the competition at any time without notice. ANTO shall exercise this right if, in particular, it cannot guarantee proper performance of the competition for technical reasons (e.g. viruses in the computer system, manipulation of or errors in the hardware/software) or for legal reasons. In the event that a competition is ended in this manner as a result of negligent behaviour by a participant, he/she shall not hold ANTO liable or be entitled to any compensation.
- Participants may not claim contractual performance or damages in the event that the competition is ended early.
Article 8: Liability
- ANTO shall be released from all its obligations at the point at which the prize is awarded. ANTO shall not be held liable for defects of title and/or material defects. ANTO does not guarantee any quality or intrinsic value of the prize. These may differ from the images shown.
- The announcement of the winner shall not constitute a guarantee.
- ANTO shall not be held liable for damages that may arise due to errors, delays or interruptions in transmission; disruption to technical systems and services; inaccurate content; loss or deletion of data; viruses, or any other incidents that may occur during participation in the competition, unless such damages are caused by ANTO (or vicarious agents), either intentionally or through gross negligence. This provision shall not apply to any injury to life, body and health due to an intentional or grossly negligent breach of obligations by ANTO or its vicarious agent. In this case, liability shall be limited to the minimum permitted by law.
Article 9: Miscellaneous provisions
- There shall be no right to legal recourse.
- Should individual provisions of the competition terms and conditions be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
- ANTO reserves the right to modify or add to these conditions at any time without providing justification, insofar as this is in the interest of simple and safe performance, and, in particular, where this is required in order to prevent abuses or for other reasons.
- The present provisions are subject to Austrian law. Irrespective of the provisions of Article 1, the place of jurisdiction for disputes arising from this competition, shall be the competent court for administrative district (Sprengel) 1010 Vienna. All taxes and fees in connection with a prize shall be borne by the respective winner.