A summer snowball fight on the glacier of the Kitzsteinhorn or a trekking tour with llamas? The nature and adventure programme in Zell am See-Kaprun is so wonderfully diverse and offers quite some surprises: from evening hiking tour through the mystic Sigmund Thun Gorge and expeditions on the ”Schmidolins Feuertaufe“ adventure trail to racy experiences in “Schmidolins Feuerstuhl“ E-Motocross Park on the Schmittenhöhe.
“Cool Kids Fun“ – the full programme for five months!
Especially popular with the juniors is the “Cool Kids Fun“ adventure programme, which is available for five months: Kids can look forward to plenty of action, fun and games from end of May until end of October. The programme includes highlights like a pirate treasure hunt at Lake Zell with slacklining and stand-up paddling, an adventure day on the farm, archery, climbing or a craft workshop. The “Cool Kids Fun“ children’s programme is free of charge at participating companies and a discount is available in connection with the Zell am See-Kaprun Summer Card.
The new Mobility Card – free of charge for all guests
From 1 May until 31 October 2019, guests of the Zell am See-Kaprun region receive the new free of charge Mobility Card for the entire duration of their stay: The card entitles to unlimited free of charge use of all public transport services across Pinzgau. The popular Zell am See-Kaprun Summer Card for free of charge use or discounts on admission to museums, places of interest, mountain railways, etc. is still available from 15 May to 15 October 2019 for bookings with one of the around 230 participating accommodation providers.
Top family tips for summer 2019:
- an excursion to the Kaprun High Mountain Reservoirs with tour through the gigantic dam wall
- an “Ice & Snow Glacier Day“ for families at the Kitzsteinhorn with snowball fight and tobogganing in the Ice Arena
- a yodel workshop on the Schmittenhöhe
- A ride on the Maisiflitzer “Alpine Coaster“ – racing at up to 40 km/h across waves and through the spiral into the valley.
- From summer 2019, uphill to the Maiskogel family hiking mountain in comfort on the newly constructed MK Maiskogelbahn lift.
- a valley hiking tour on the “Discgolf Parcourse“ on the Schmitten where a frisbee disc must hit the basket 18 times