Welcome to our virtual photo exhibition of Summer in Austria: Fresh Sights and Enchanting Surprises. With audio podcasts and story cards for each picture, prepare to be enchanted by Austria's Hidden Treasures.
Summer in Austria: Fresh Sights and Enchanting Surprises
An exhibition held at the National Geographic Store
Austria's summertime attractions are far-reaching and can be found from one end of its map to the other. In cities, towns, and mountain villages across Austria, summer brings with it a sense of renewal, not only with nature in its fullest bloom, but also in collective spirit. Austrians themselves celebrate the season
with a kaleidoscope of activities, festivals, epicurean adventures and pampering pleasures.
Whether it's outdoor adventure, a helping of culture, an indulgent escape, spending time with friends or family, mingling with the locals, or simply good old-fashioned sightseeing you're looking for, Austria will end your search. And while many of these attractions have become favourites among our British guests, others are less known.
This virtual gallery assembles images and story cards from our Summer in Austria Exhibition
, a complimentary event held at the National Geographic Store London
from 28th February - 6th March 2011. Enjoy listening to the podcast for each image that you find on our Summer in Austria map
, as well as a selection of coinciding interviews, and be inspired by Matt Carroll's Hidden Treasures Video Collection
We hope you enjoy this special glimpse into summertime in Austria, and that it will perhaps inspire you to come and share some of your holidays with us. Prepare to be enchanted.
Summer in Austria Interviews
1. Landhaus Keller in Graz - Mr. R. Huber
2. Schnitza's Holzpark in Saalbach Hinterglemm - Herbert Aschaber
3. Montafon in Vorarlberg - Monika Vonier, Mountain Guide
4. Kunsthaus (KUB) Bregenz, Vorarlberg - Yilmaz Dziewior, Director
5. Salzburg Tourism - Gunda Bleckmann
6. Innsbruck Tourism - Nicholas Boekdrukker
7. Label Hinterland - Gudrun Wallenböck, Designer
8. Eagle Walk - Georg Pawlata, Hiking Guide
9. Alpbachtal Tourism - Michael Mairhofer
10. Haymilk Hotels - Andrea Schneeberger, Pioneer
11. Lake Neusiedl in Burgenland - Harald Grabenhofer, Birdwatcher
12. Kristallhütte - Stefan Eder
Click on any image on our interactive map and then listen to the coinciding podcast. Should you have difficulties accessing the file, then please save the podcast to your computer before opening it.