Terms & Conditions
RANDOM DRAWING TO BE HELD OCTOBER 16, 2012
TRIP FOR TWO TO SALZBURG & ITS SURROUNDINGS AS WELL AS one DIRNDL and/or one pair of LEDERHOSEN
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN TO U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY.
1. The Austrian Tourist Office, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) offers you a chance to win a trip for two to Salzburg, Austria and its surrounding Lake Region, as well as a Dirndl and/or Lederhosen.
Prize: A roundtrip 5 day/4 night trip for two (2) including roundtrip air transportation from New York City, hotel accommodations in Salzburg and surrounding Lake Region, as well as one (1) Dirndl and /or one (1) pair of Lederhosen from a store selected by the Sponsor (total value of trip is approximately $4,500.) Hotel stay includes room charge, and tax. All other meals, expenses and additional travel, including transportation to and from the airport are not included and are the responsibility of the winner. Winner and guest must depart from New York/JFK Airport. Prize must be used as stated herein without exception. Certain travel restrictions and black out periods will apply. Prize is non-transferable and no substitutions of this prize will be permitted. Prize is not redeemable for cash or credit. Payment of taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. No transfer, assignment or substitution of prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event the Prize or any aspect of it is unavailable. Employees, officers and representatives (and their immediate families) of Sponsor and its affiliates and agents are not eligible to enter. Trip must be booked no later than December 15, 2012 and completed no later than June 30, 2013.
2. How to enter: Entries begin at 9:00 a.m. New York time on June 11, 2012 and end on 7:00 p.m. New York time on September 30, 2012. Persons are eligible to win the Grand Prize by either (i) visiting the official Facebook Page of the Austrian Tourist Office website at www.facebook.com/austriatravelinfo or (II) visiting the official site for the promotion at http://dirndl-temptation.austria.info/ between June 11, 2012 at 9:00am and 11:59pm on September 30, 2012 (Entry Period) and answering the questions of the questionair correctly; Entries must be entered online only by no later than the Entry Period.
3. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, inaccurate or incomplete entries. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entrants must be natural persons, residents of the United States and 18 years or older to win.
4. The one winner will be selected until October 5, 2012 @ 5:00 p.m. in a random drawing at the offices of the Austrian Tourist Office in New York City. The drawing will be held under the supervision of the Sponsor whose decisions are final. Odds of winning are determined by the total number of entries received. Winner must complete travel until end of June, 2013 and the trip must be booked no later than two months’ prior to travel.
5. Conditions of participation: All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this drawing. Failure to claim the prize within may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner as set forth above. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agents to use winner’s name and/or likeness, and biographical material for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the promotion or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of the prize.
6. Where legally permissible, winner may be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release within 10 days following the drawing. Failure to return these executed documents within this time period will void the prize and an alternate winner will be randomly selected. Failure to comply with any deadline set forth herein may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner.
7. By entering or accepting the prize, the winner and winner’s traveling companion consent to the use of their names and likenesses and/or biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes, as well as the publication of their names in response to winner inquiries, if any, without additional consideration from the Sponsor.
8. Sponsor is not liable for any claims or damages. By participating in this contest, all participants agree to be bound by the above rules. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. All federal state and local laws and regulations apply.
9. If for any reason the promotion and/or drawing cannot be started or completed as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the trip giveaway, the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs), and/or take any other steps it deems appropriate, including cancellation, termination, modification or suspension of the trip giveaway.
10. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet submission process is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
11. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages").