What to expect...
Klimt The Kiss © Osterreich Werbung, Bartl
Crystal worlds Swarovski © Kristallwelten Swarovski
© Tourismus Salzburg GmbH
© Kunsthistorisches Museum
Kunsthaus Graz © Kunsthaus Graz
© Österreich Werbung
Cafe Sacher © Hotel Sacher
© Österreich Werbung/Pigneter
glass series Kaminzimmer Lobmeyr © Lobmeyr
© Zotter Schokoladen Manufaktur GmbH, Austria
Museum of Fine Arts © Kunsthistorisches Museum
Pumpkin Seed Oil © Steiermark Tourismus / Foto: Pixelmaker R. Sommerauer
- Experience true Viennese coffeehouse culture at the temporary SACHER CAFÉ. In a slow-food, slow-pace kind of way, take a break from the hustle and bustle of New York City's streets, lean back comfortably and enjoy your newspaper over a cup of coffee under an old-world chandelier. Sip your coffee from original Sacher Café cups on marble table tops, and feel like you just crossed the Atlantic. Meet fellow travelers, Austria aficionados and revel in an authentic experience. Coffee specialties will be US$ 5; Sacher Torte (Austria’s most famous chocolate cake) and Apfelstrudel will be US$ 6 each. -- cash only -- Part of the Sacher Café's proceeds will go to City Harvest.
- At our Austria Deli, get a taste of the culinary highlights that await you in Austria by sampling products by Manner, inventor of the original Neapolitan waffer, with five layers of wafers filled with delicious hazelnut cream. You'll love the unusual chocolate varieties by Zotter, made exclusively with organic ingredients. Styrian Gold Pumpkin Seed Oil has recently conquered the tables of world-class restaurants and connoisseurs around the globe. The recipes for Christmas cookies from the Vienna Cookie Company have been passed down generations, just as several generations of the Goelles family have been cultivating orchards in Styria's sunny hill country, turning their harvest into award-winning artisanal vinegars. And savor cheeses from the famous cheese road in Vorarlberg.
- Enjoy the artworks showcased by one of the world’s greatest art museums, the KUNSTHISTORISCHES MUSEUM WIEN, KHM. A “wall display” will highlight artifacts of one the most imporant museums. The reopening of the Kunstkammer (chamber of art and wonders) in December 2012 is one of the most anticipated museum events worldwide.
- SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL WORLDS will add sparkle with displays of some of their crystal masterpieces.
- Test your memory and find our interesting little details and travel information about the renaissance city of Graz.
- Gustav Klimt's most famous painting "THE KISS" will serve as the backdrop for an interactive reenactment of your version of the "perfect kiss". Yes, we invite you to kiss! And not only that, we will take a picture for you to keep and share.
- Discover the traditional charm of the baroque city of Salzburg, the home of the Sound of Music. It’s people cherish their traditions, exemplified by the traditional costumes (Dirndl and Lederhosen) that are still worn on many occasions. At the Pop-Up store, have a look at the intricate patterns of several pieces of traditional costumes on loan from one of Salzburg’s oldest leather and traditional clothing stores, Jahn-Markl (since 1408), which boasts a list of clients form Louis Vuitton to Mick Jagger.
- Find out all about the various vacation destinations in Austria at our AUSTRIA TRAVEL LOUNGE powered by Austrian Airlines. We will offer you personal guidance and fun tools to start planning your trip to Austria, such as the first viewing of an Austria iPad app courtesy of Tripfilms.com. Have a seat and browse through coffee table books, get the nitty-gritty from travel guide books, have a friendly chat with one of our Austrian hosts at the travel lounge or just relax and linger over a game of “Memory” featuring Graz, a charming Renaissance city in the southern part of Austria.
- The label WIEN PRODUCTS represents companies such as Augarten, Woka, Lobmeyr, the Österreichische Silbermanufaktur and many more. Adhering to the Viennese design tradition exemplified by the original Wiener Werkstätte, they all emphasize the importance of outstanding craftsmanship, the highest standards of quality and outstanding design. Whichever product you ultimately decide on, you’ll be taking a piece of Vienna home with you.
Be sure to check out our event program for a list of movie screenings, concerts, a fashion show and more!