How to make it:
- Debone the drumsticks by taking off the skin and cutting off the meat from the bone with a sharp knife. Cut the breast or drumstick meat into smaller, bite-sized pieces. Season well all over with salt and leave to rest, covered, for around 1 hour (if short on time, the marinating stage can be omitted).
- Meanwhile, for the marinade whisk the mustard into the slightly-warmed stock until smooth, then mix in the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and add the pumpkin seed oil. Clean the salad leaves and drip dry.
- Beat the eggs lightly on a plate or in a bowl, have the flour and breadcrumbs ready on aditional plates. Now coat the chicken pieces in the flour, dip into the beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- In a pan, heat a good quantity of clarified butter or vegetable oil. Place the chicken pieces into the hot butter and, depending on size, cook for 3-7 minutes until golden brown, turning once. Remove and allow to drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile marinade the salad leaves and arrange in the center of large serving plates.
- Place the crispy chicken pieces on the salad shortly before serving. Garnish with halved cherry tomatoes, if desired.
Serve with crisp rolls or pumpkin-seed bread.
Cooking time: depending on the thickness of the meat, 3 – 7 minutes