The Vignette - Austria's Motorway Toll Sticker

    All Austrian motorways (“Autobahn”) and expressways (“S” roads) are subject to toll. Find out where to get and how to display your vignette toll sticker here.

    I) The “Vignette” Toll Sticker

    All vehicles with a maximum weight of up to 3.5 t (e.g. motor bikes, cars) require a so-called “vignette” toll sticker to travel on Austrian motorways and expressways. Motor bikes with sidecars only require a toll sticker for two-wheeled vehicles; those with two wheels on one of their axles (e.g. trikes) require a car toll sticker.

    Find more information on the toll sticker here or download the official brochure.

    How to Get the Vignette

    You must either display a physical toll sticker on the inside windshield of your vehicle as you enter Austria or have a valid digital toll sticker:

    1. Physical Toll Sticker

    Physical stickers can be obtained from the Austrian Automobile Clubs as well as post offices, newsagents and petrol stations. You can also purchase stickers in Austria’s neighbouring countries at petrol stations, borders and Automobile Clubs. Cars rented in neighbouring countries may or may not be equipped with the sticker. Please obtain one from your car rental agency.
    You must display the sticker on the inside of the windshield of your vehicle as you enter Austria. Please note, the vignette must be stuck to your windshield in order to be valid. Failure to do so will mean a heavy, on-the-spot fine.

    Learn more

    2. Digital Toll Sticker

    A digital version of the toll sticker is available online. Go to the ASFINAG online shop or download the ASFINAG app to your phone.

    Please be aware that the digital toll sticker is not valid immediately after purchase. Due to consumer rights regulations, the sticker is valid starting on the 18th day after purchase at the earliest.

    Learn more
    Die Digitale Vignette

    Die Digitale Vignette


    Toll Sticker Prices 2020

    Cars, trucks, and motorhomes with a permissible maximum weight of up to 3.5 t

    • One-year toll sticker: € 91.10
    • Two-month toll sticker: € 27.40
    • Ten-day toll sticker: € 9.40 

    Motor bikes (single-track motor vehicles, including motor bikes with sidecars)

    • One-year toll sticker: € 36.20
    • Two-month toll sticker: € 13.70
    • Ten-day toll sticker: € 5.40 

    II) The “GO-Box” for Vehicles Exceeding 3.5 t

    Drivers of vehicles with a permissible maximum weight exceeding 3.5 t (e.g. heavy goods vehicles, buses, heavy mobile homes) must pay a mileage-based toll for the use of motorways and expressways.

    To be able to pay this toll, you need to get a so-called GO-Box before you drive onto a motorway or expressway. The toll can only be paid if you have a GO-Box, which is available from many petrol stations and other GO-Box partners in Austria. You can find a full list of outlets here.

    The rates depend, among other things, on the number of axles, the number of kilometres driven, and the vehicle's EURO emission class.

    Find rates and more information here.