Up-to-date Information on the Coronavirus Situation
Hotels in Austria are open, and travellers from certain countries can enter Austria again. We are working on keeping the Corona infection numbers low and we look forward to welcoming you again in Austria very soon!
Find all current measures below.
Last update: 21 June
The following measures are currently in effect:
- Hotels and restaurants are open. Find protective measures here.
- Shops, museums, culture and leisure facilities are open. Events can take place again under strict protective measures. Find more information here.
- Entry regulations are in effect. Additional local rules for certain regions with high COVID numbers may be in effect (please check locally; find a German-language list here).
- For almost all public indoor and some outdoor spaces (hotels, restaurants, events etc.), you will need to show either a negative COVID test or proof of vaccination/past infection. Find more information on these so-called "entry tests" here.
- You are required to keep a minimum distance of 1 m (3 ft) to people from other households.
- FFP2 masks are required on public transport and in other public spaces.
The following restrictions will be eased on 1 July:
- No more mandatory closing time for restaurants, i.e. night clubs can reopen
- No minimum distance between groups of guests
- No more mask requirement in restaurants and hotels
- Regular (cloth) masks are sufficient on public transport, in museums and shops
- Testing requirement for children 12+ only
- No more capacity restrictions at events
We will provide more information as it becomes available.
Please note: The following information has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy.
Latest News at a Glance
17 June: Additional restrictions will be eased on 1 July.
1 June: Starting today, travellers from Croatia, Cyprus, Lithuania, the Netherlands, and Sweden can travel to Austria without having to self-isolate. A landing ban for flights from the UK is now in effect.
19 May: Hotels and restaurants, leisure and cultural facilities are now allowed reopen. Travellers from certain countries can travel to Austria for holidays again.