How to make them:Apricot dumplings are traditionally made with either potato dough, cream puff pastry or curd-cheese dough.
- Crumble flour and cheese together, then mix in the eggs and salt. If the dough is too hard, add a bit of sour cream.
- Chill the dough for three hours before using.
- Wash and dry the apricots.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, remove the stone from each apricot and replace with a sugar cube.
- Shape the dough into a roll about 5 cm (2 inches) thick, cut into slices and press each slice flat.
- Place an apricot on each slice, wrap the fruit up in the dough and form it into a dumpling.
- Place the dumplings in gently boiling, salted water and cook for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove, drain well and roll in the browned bread crumbs. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.