Family Fun in Austria
Austria has plenty of interesting things to do and places to visit that will excite the entire family. From the world's oldest amusement park to the world's largest ice cave, and from salt mines to dinosaur parks, there is no end of entertainment for the little ones in Austria.
- Wiener Prater: When people talk about the Wiener Prater they often mean the "Wurstelprater", the world's oldest amusement park. But there is more to it than that, as it is actually a large public park in Vienna's 2nd district Leopoldstadt.
- Schönbrunn Palace: Schönbrunn Palace offers specially designed children's tours, with attractions including a maze and a large zoo.
- ZOOM Children's Museum : Children can investigate, marvel at, and participate in numerous exhibitions and events at this fabulous museum.
- Haus des Meeres : Discover the flora and fauna of the deep!
- Obir Stalactite Caves: Any family holiday in Carinthia needs to account for a stop at the Obir Stalactite Caves, a fascinating natural wonder. During the magical light and audio show, the stones start to speak and the dragon who lives in the cave comes back to life. Tip: Warm clothing and prior reservation are recommended.
- Minimundus: Miniature models of 150 of the most beautiful buildings in the world, all built true-to-scale.
- Dachstein Caves: Discover the fairytale world of the Ice Cave and follow in the footsteps of the cave researchers through the Mammut Cave and the Koppenbrüller Cave on your trip to Dachstein in Salzkammergut.
- Hirschalm Fairytale Park: Stay at Hirschalm Fairytale Park and watch the kids search for the magical Crystal, whizz down the summer toboggan track, and enjoy 4 giant trampolines plus a natural playground.
- Hallstatt Salt Mine: Experience an exciting escapade through the oldest salt mine in the world.
Picknick im Freilichtmuseum Stübing (Region Graz)Stübingmedia_content.tooltip.skipped
- Altaussee Salt Mine: The kids will love a trip to this fascinating salt mine with slides.
- Styrassic Park: Situated near Bad Gleichberg, with more than 80 life-sized dinosaurs.
- Stübing Open Air Museum: Original and historic farm buildings from all over Austria are on display here, with plenty to keep the kids entertained.
- The Fisser Flitzer: This thrilling summer toboggan takes riders along a 2,200 m (7,218 ft) course at speeds of up to 45 km/h (28 m/h).
- Witch's Water Hochsöll : This adventure park has interactive stations with a focus on woodland and water, a bare-foot trail, and arts and crafts.
- Ötzidorf Umhausen : Archaeological park exploring life and work in the Neolithic period. Ötzidorf Umhausen also stages Stone Age festivals.
- Alpine Zoo Innsbruck: A highlight for all the family when visiting Innsbruck, with 2000 animals and flora and fauna of the Alps.
- Area 47: Rafting, canyoning, and more adventures, events and water fun at this outdoor park in Ötztal, Tirol.
Rafting, Area 47media_content.tooltip.skipped
Huskys von 'Husky Toni'media_content.tooltip.skipped
4 Unique Animal Experiences in Austria
Have you ever hiked with a llama, gone dog-sledding, or met an Alpine marmot up close? In Austria, you can!Cuteness overload