City Trips in Times of Coronavirus
Find out what rules are in place for city trips, museums, and events.
Austria's cultural institutions are now open again and looking forward to your visit.
The following rules are in place:
- To attend cultural events (but not for museum visits), you will need to show either a negative COVID test or proof that you have been vaccinated/have had COVID. You will also need to register upon entry (ends on 23 July)
- Standard face masks are required on public transport, in stations, cable cars, museums and shops.
We recommend booking tickets in advance to reduce personal contact and waiting times.
Concerts are allowed to take place again with the following protective measures in place:
- You will need to show either a negative COVID test or proof of vaccination/past infection (except in museums or at events with less than 100 participants)
- You will also need to register upon entry ( ends on 23 July)
- no curfew, no capacity restrictions